I am happy to announce that the book version of Government is Good is now available in paperback form and as an ebook.
For the fastest service and delivery, you can purchase the paperback directly from the publisher:
Other ways to purchase it:
The Apple version for the iPad and iPod can be found on iTunes.
You can also order the book from our local bookstore.
SOME REASONS TO ORDER EXTRA COPIES:
- Give a copy to your local library.
- Send copies to your local, state, and federal representatives to help them do a better job defending the vital role of government in our society.
- Give a copy to your obnoxious Tea Partier uncle or an irritating Libertarian acquaintance.
- Hand some copies out at political meetings.
- Suggest it as a reading for your book club.
Why a book defending government? Because for decades, right-wing forces in this country have engaged in a relentless and irresponsible campaign of vicious government bashing. Conservatives and libertarians have demonized government, attacked basic safety net programs like Medicare, and undermined vital regulations that protect consumers, investors, workers, and the environment. This book takes on this anti-government movement and shows that most of its criticisms of this institution are highly exaggerated, misleading, or just plain wrong. In reality, American government - despite its flaws - plays a valuable and indispensable role in promoting the public good. Most government programs are working well and are actually improving the lives of Americans in innumerable ways. Democratic government is a vital tool for making our world a better place; and if we want an America that is prosperous, healthy, secure, well-educated, just, compassionate, and unpolluted, we need a strong, active, and well-funded public sector.